Small Businesses Giant Players in Pursuit of SDGs
Development Minerals at the European Development Days 2017
The ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme was actively present at this year’s European Development Days taking place in Brussels on 7-8 June.
Together with the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States, the European Commission and the United Nations Development Programme, we hosted a high level panel to discuss how to mobilise the small-scale private sector, particularly in neglected economic sectors such as the mining of Development Minerals. A stellar line up of speakers discussed how to unlock the small business sector’s potential to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals.
The event was streamed live and Development Minerals stakeholders in our focus countries gathered to follow and join the discussions via social media.
We also launched ‘Development Minerals. Matter for the SDGs,’ a short video about four women in the Development Minerals sector who share their vision for their small business and what they need to get there.
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II
- Small Businesses Giant Players in Pursuit of SDGs
- International Women’s Day 2017
- Infopoint 'Development Minerals' and the Role of the Private Sector
- Development Minerals Showcase
- Africa Sprints toward better Laws on Small-Scale Mining and Quarrying
- Zambia, Guinea & Cameroon: First Ever Census
- Jamaica: in Training Blitz Majority
- Cameroon: Blue-Print for Development Minerals