Carrara Marble. Built Rome. Sculpted by Michelangelo. Now Training Quarry Managers
Carrara, Italy – home to the legendary marble that built Rome over 2000 years ago – hosted a Regional Training Workshop on Quarry Management of Dimension Stones and Construction Materials from 15-20 June, 2016.
Eighteen (18) mid-level professionals from the private and public sectors of Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific were sponsored to attend, while two others self-sponsored their participation.
The training workshop incorporated attendance at the 'Stone Sector and Changing Trends' international conference at IMM Carrara; a pre-conference training workshop 'Best Practice for Assessment and Reporting of Exploration Results, Mineral Resources and Mineral Reserves' ; and a post-conference workshop/mentoring event on Quarry Management of Dimension Stones and Construction Materials.
The skills transfer that took place is already bearing fruit, with the implementation of return-to-work plans that span curriculum development to public-private partnerships in local infrastructure development across the ACP regions.
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II – extension of deadline to 11 October 2021
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II
- Small Businesses Giant Players in Pursuit of SDGs
- International Women’s Day 2017
- Infopoint 'Development Minerals' and the Role of the Private Sector
- Development Minerals Showcase
- Africa Sprints toward better Laws on Small-Scale Mining and Quarrying
- Zambia, Guinea & Cameroon: First Ever Census
- Jamaica: in Training Blitz Majority