Guinea Prioritizes Development Minerals in a Resurgent Mining Environment
A National Consultation Workshop gathered 73 participants in Guinea on October 11 & 12, 2016.
The main objective of the workshop was to officially launch the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme in Guinea as well as to elaborate a roadmap highlighting the country's priorities.
The workshop was officially opened by the National Director of Mines, Mr. Fodé Bérété; followed by the Secretary General of the Ministry of Mines and Geology, Mr. Sadou Nimaga, while other high-level dignitaries who made remarks included the Programme Manager for Infrastructure Development of the EU Delegation in Guinea, Mr. Alexandre Serres and the UNDP Deputy Director, Mr. Eloi Kouadio IV.
Following the workshop, a Training of Trainers (ToT) workshop on Environment, Community, Health and Safety in the Development Minerals sector (sand, granite, clay, limestone, shale, corundum and salt) was held on the 21-26 November in Kindia, Guinea.
This workshop focused on raising awareness on the environment, community, health and security challenges of the sector; enhancing knowledge sharing and good practices among the participants and strengthening the latter's management capacities. The ToT training brought together 50 participants drawn from the programme's key stakeholder groups, who further drew up plans for replication of the training to all regions of the country.
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II – extension of deadline to 11 October 2021
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II
- Small Businesses Giant Players in Pursuit of SDGs
- International Women’s Day 2017
- Infopoint 'Development Minerals' and the Role of the Private Sector
- Development Minerals Showcase
- Africa Sprints toward better Laws on Small-Scale Mining and Quarrying
- Zambia, Guinea & Cameroon: First Ever Census
- Jamaica: in Training Blitz Majority