Cameroon: Blue-Print for Development Minerals
Cameroon hosted a National Consultation Workshop in Yaoundé on 18-20 October 2016 that brought together 84 participants operating in the Development Minerals sector across all 10 regions of Cameroon. The workshop, which officially launched the implementation of the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme in Cameroon, featured opening remarks by H.E Mr. Ernest Gbwaboubou - Minister at the Ministry of Mines, Industry and Technological Development; the EU Chief Operating Officer in Cameroon - Mr. Mats Liljefelt; Cameroon's Ambassador to the EU and ACP Group of States - H.E Mr. Daniel Evina Abe'e; and the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative, Ms. Najat Rochdi. In-depth discussions on the key role of local materials in the ever increasing demand for Development Minerals in the construction, housing and infrastructure sectors were held.
These discussions led to the development of a blue-print for Development Minerals in Cameroon, where the participants, drawn from the public, private, social and business development sectors, defined and approved the priorities of the sector; suggested programme pilot sites and agreed to a draft roadmap for the implementation of the programme over the following two years.
The consultation workshop was followed by country-level training on Environment, Community, Health and Safety in Doula from 14-17 November, bringing together 40 participants from the public, private, civil society and business development sectors. A 2-day Trainer of Trainers (ToT) workshop was also held, where 24 trainers underwent further training on how to deliver the curriculum all over the country.
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II – extension of deadline to 11 October 2021
- Call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for selection of focus countries for the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme Phase II
- Small Businesses Giant Players in Pursuit of SDGs
- International Women’s Day 2017
- Infopoint 'Development Minerals' and the Role of the Private Sector
- Development Minerals Showcase
- Africa Sprints toward better Laws on Small-Scale Mining and Quarrying
- Zambia, Guinea & Cameroon: First Ever Census
- Jamaica: in Training Blitz Majority