Birds-eye View of Jamaica's Quarries
A steady increase in the number of applications for the use of drones by local businesses has been witnessed by the Jamaica Civil Aviation Authority (JCAA). Quarry operators are using drones to map and monitor their quarry sites.
Drone technology featured prominently at Jamaica's Social Good Summit 2016 hosted by UNDP Jamaica on 19th September.
The Summit was the launch-pad of the inaugural Technology Innovation Competition whose aim is to support the development of innovative solutions to advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Small Businesses Giant Players in Pursuit of SDGs
- International Women’s Day 2017
- Infopoint 'Development Minerals' and the Role of the Private Sector
- Development Minerals Showcase
- Africa Sprints toward better Laws on Small-Scale Mining and Quarrying
- Zambia, Guinea & Cameroon: First Ever Census
- Jamaica: in Training Blitz Majority
- Cameroon: Blue-Print for Development Minerals
- Uganda: Media Orientation Helps to Shape Policy