6 February 2018
Guinea Country-level Training Workshop on Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals
The Guinea country-level training workshop on Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals took place from 06-17 February 2018, in Conakry. A total of 37 participants drawn from geological institutions as well as academia from UGANC, UGL de Sonfonia and l’Institut Géomine de Koké took part in this 11-day training co-hosted with Kofi Annan University in Conakry. Similar to the other geo-data and mapping trainings, a practical hands-on training component in the form of a field excursion was organized to collect field data and practice reserves estimation on 10th and 11th February. The data collected during the field visit was used for practical teaching exercises undertaken in the second week of the training, to ensure that they key skills and concepts were effectively mastered.
A geo-data map/inventory is under preparation as a result of the training workshop.
- Uganda Training of Trainers (ToT) Workshop on Enterprise skills, market analysis, investment promotion and value-addition of Development Minerals
- West Africa Regional Training Workshop on Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals (Anglophone)
- Pacific Regional Training Workshop on Geodata Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals
- Uganda Training Workshop on Inclusive Finance for Development Minerals
- Fiji Country-level Training Workshop on Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals
- Fiji Training of Trainers (ToT) Workshop on Occupational, Health and Safety in Quarries (2)