17 April 2018
Fiji Training of Trainers (ToT) Workshop on Occupational, Health and Safety in Quarries
Twenty-seven (27) quarry owners/operators took part in a training of trainers workshop on Occupational, health and safety in quarries held from 14-15 March 2018. The topics covered in the training ranged from legislation and regulatory requirements, concerns of environmental assesors, the need for capacity building, the new and emerging technology available to collate the necessary information to make informed decisions on occupational, health and safety concerns in quarries.
In-depth discussions were also held on the 1-year certificate programme to be offered by the Fiji National University (FNU) from 2018 that was developed with support from the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme. The quarry owners/operators were encouraged to take advantage of this new course offering for themselves as well as their employees.
- Uganda Training of Trainers (ToT) Workshop on Enterprise skills, market analysis, investment promotion and value-addition of Development Minerals
- West Africa Regional Training Workshop on Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals (Anglophone)
- Pacific Regional Training Workshop on Geodata Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals
- Uganda Training Workshop on Inclusive Finance for Development Minerals
- Fiji Country-level Training Workshop on Geo-data Digitization and Mapping of Development Minerals
- Fiji Training of Trainers (ToT) Workshop on Occupational, Health and Safety in Quarries (2)