18 – 20 Octobre 2016
Cameroon National Consultation Workshop on Development Minerals
Cameroon's National Consultation Workshop took place in Yaoundé on 18-20 October 2016 and brought together 84 participants operating in the Development Minerals sector in 10 regions of Cameroon as well as institutional partners of the programme - ACP, EU and UNDP. The national consultation workshop, which officially launched the implementation of the ACP-EU Development Minerals Programme in Cameroon, featured opening remarks by H.E Mr. Ernest Gbwaboubou - Minister at the Ministry of Mines, Industry and Technological Development; the EU Chief Operating Officer in Cameroon - Mr. Mats Liljefelt; Cameroon's Ambassador to the EU and ACP Group of States - H.E Mr. Daniel Evina Abe'e; and the UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative, Ms. Najat Rochdi.
In-depth discussions on the key role of local materials in the ever increasing demand for Development Minerals in the construction, housing and infrastructure sectors were held. These discussions led to the development of a blue-print for Development Minerals in Cameroon, where the participants, drawn from the public, private, social and business development sectors, defined and approved the priorities of the sector; suggested programme pilot sites and agreed to a draft roadmap for the implementation of the programme over the next two (2) years.
- Development Minerals Showcase: Transforming a Neglected Sector in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific
- In-conference Workshop: Development Minerals in Africa, 26th Colloquium of African Geology (CAG26)
- Cameroon National Consultation Workshop on Development Minerals
- Research Symposium on Redefining the Role of Industrial Minerals and Construction Materials
- Guinea National Consultation Workshop on Development Minerals
- Central Africa Regional Training Workshop on Environment, Community, Health and Safety
- Uganda National Consultation Workshop on Development Minerals
- Fiji National Consultation Workshop on Development Minerals
- Zambia National Consultation Workshop on Development Minerals